Sign in or
CONCESSIONS AND BENEFITS EXTENDED BY STATE GOVERNMENT
1. 15 percent reservation in each of the Groups 'A', 'B', 'C' and 'D' posts.
2. Reservation for Jai Jawan Stalls - 5 percent.
3. Preference to ex-Servicemen for the post of Jail Warden/guard posts.
4. Loans to ex-Servicemen for self-employment through H.P. Ex-Servicemen Corporation.
5. Grant of pension to the awardees/ parents or widows of winners of Victoria Cross and PVC @ Rs. 1,000/- p.m.
6. Stipend of Rs. 250/- p.m. to ex-Servicemen trainee in ITIs.
7. Old age pension of Rs. 150/- p.m. to ex-Servicemen of 60 years age who are not in receipt of pension. Income limit Rs. 5,400/-
8. War Jagir allowance of Rs. 900/- per annum.
9 Maintenance grant of Rs. 600/- p.m. to disabled ex-Servicemen undergoing training in QMTI Kirkee.
10. Cash grant, annuity and money in lieu of land to Gallantry Award Winners. (Appendix 'E')
11. Grant of Rs. 5,000/- on the marriage of the daughter of a non-pensioner widow by State Govt.
12. Financial assistance to widows of ex-Servicemen not in receipt of any pension Rs. 150/- p.m.
13. Financial assistance to blind ex-Servicemen Rs. 100/-p.m. Free training of any type, to blind ex-Servicemen for self-employment.
14. Financial assistance to widows of ex-Servicemen at the time of death of their husband Rs. 500/-.
15. Scholarship ranging from Rs. 20/- to Rs. 200/- are granted to ex-Servicemen/their dependents for various course.
16. The dependent children of ex-Servicemen are considered on merit for the posts reserved for ex-Servicemen provided suitable ex-Servicemen are not available. Provision exists for carrying forward of unfilled vacancies by four years. 5 percent of seats in each ITI are reserved for ex-Servicemen and age limit is relaxed up to 45 years.
17. Reservation of seats for wards of Defence personnel in professional colleges/Institutions Medical college -2 seats, Agriculture-2 percent and Polytechnic -10 percent Engineering college -4 percent/1 seat, In each ITIs-5 seats.
18. 10 percent reservation for allotment of house-sites and houses/flats.
19. Sainik Rest Houses in H.P. (Appendix 'F')
20. Ex-Servicemen are exempted from payment of examination fee, court fee, stamp duty and registration fee.
21. 12.5 percent National Route Permits are reserved for ex-Servicemen.
22. Grant of exemption to ex-Servicemen from payment of municipal Taxes provided the building/land not occupied by him and rental value/annual income does not exceed Rs. 1,200-2,400/-.
23. Grant of leave to civilian employees (wives of Defence Services personnel) up to six month without providing any medical certificate during the period their husbands remain posted to family station.
24. Rent Control Act amended for resumption of houses by service personnel on their retirement. Land Tenancy Act has also been amended.
25. Free travel facilities to war widows in HRTC buses.
26. Free travel facility are given to awardees of Victoria Cross, George Cross, Military Cross, Indian distinguished Service Medal, PVC, Ashok Chakra, SYSM, MVC,
KrC, UYSM, VC, SC, Sena/Nausena/Vayu Sena Medal and Mention-in Despatch in HP State Transport Buses.
Benefits for war widows/dependents of those killed/disabled in war including casualties of Op Pawan and Op Meghdoot
27. Preference is given for employment of wives and children in civil jobs.
28. One dependent to be given job.
29. Relaxation in age for employment of war widows.
30. Training of war widows and dependents of those killed/missing/disabled.
31. Ex-gratia grants to the NOK/50 percent disability*
32. Lump sum grant of Rs. 15,000/- to war widows for marriage of their daughter.
33. Ex-Gratia grant of Rs. 5 lakhs to martyrs of OP Vijay.
34. Soldier killed in all operation - Rs.3 Lac ex-gratia post Op Vijay.
35. Soldier having disability of 50% and above - Rs.1 Lac post Op Vijay.
36. Soldier having disability of below 50% - Rs.50, 000/- post Op Vijay.
37. Free bus passes in State Transport to war widows.
38. A War Memorial Hostel at Subathu for admission of children of war widows, war disabled and other HPTCs to enable them to pursue their studies. (Only for Gorkha personnel)
39. Two Children will be given free education upto graduation.
40. Widows are given priority in Indira Awas Yojna. 10 percent reservation of houses/plots.
*NOTE-Details may be obtained from Kendriya Sainik Board.
|CENTRAL GOVERNMENT CONCESSIONS AND BENEFITS AVAILABLE TO WAR WIDOWS/WAR DISABLED AND RETIRED/SERVING DEFENCE PERSONNEL|
|1.||Children of Defence personnel killed or disabled in action, including casualties of OP PAWAN and MEGHDOOT, who are studying in educational institutions under the Department of Education are entitled to the following educational concessions (Authority: AG's Branch, Army HQ letter No.56268/Policy/AG/ CW-3(b) dated 17 Aug 90 and Ministry of Human Resources Development (Department of Education) letter No.F.14-1/94-School-1 dated 10 Nov 95).|
|Admission into Professional Colleges|
|2.||Medical and Engineering.|
|Around 28 seats in MBBS and one seat in BDS and 2 seats in Engineering College at Annamalai University are available through KSB for wives/widows and wards of categories of Defence personnel in the following order of priority:|
|3.||Reservation of seats in IITs.|
|A joint entrance examination is conducted every year by the six IITs for admission to the IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Banaras Hindu University Institute of Technology. Two seats in each of the above six institutes are reserved for children of the Defence/Para Military Force Personnel killed or permanently disabled in action. Such candidates are however, required to qualify in the joint entrance examination.|
|4.||Reservation in Sainik and Military Schools.|
|5.||Reservation of seats in professional colleges for ex-Servicemen and serving personnel granted by States/UTs are covered in the later chapters under each State/UT.|
|Accommodation in War Memorial Hostels|
|6.||35 War Memorial Hostels have already been constructed in various Regimental Centres. These hostels provide accommodation to wards of war bereaved, disabled and attributable/non attributable peace time casualties to enable them to pursue their studies. KSB provides Rs.600/- p.m., education grant for each child except in respect of non-attributable cases where the grant is Rs.300/- p.m., Location of War Memorial Hostels in States/UTs is detailed at Appendix 'B’.|
|Entitlement for Medical Treatment from Service Hospitals for ex-Service Pensioners and their Families as per existing orders.|
|7.||Ex-Service pensioners and their families are entitled to medical treatment from service hospitals under provision of Para 296(O) of RMSAP 1983.|
|Medical Benefits for ex-Servicemen/Widows and Dependents|
|8.||Through Service Hospitals and Medical Establishments.|
|Ex-Servicemen, their families and families of deceased service personnel drawing pension of any kind are entitled to free out-patient treatment at Military Hospitals. These personnel can also be provided in-patient treatment in such hospitals subject to certain conditions. 24 MI Rooms and 12 Dental Centres have been created from the funds provided by the Service HQs and KSB for providing medical facilities to ex-Servicemen pensioners and their dependents.|
|9.||Through State Government Hospitals.|
|Ex-Servicemen can also avail medical treatment from their State Govt Hospitals as normal State citizens.|
|10.||Financial Assistance for Medical Treatment|
|Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS): Govt of India has announced ECHS for medicare of all ex-Servicemen in receipt of pension including Disability pension and Family pensioners vide letter No. 22(1)/01/US(WE)/D(Res) dated 30 Dec 2002. Details are given in Chapter - 9.|
|11.||Rail Travel Concession.|
|Govt. of India have announced free rail travel in I-Class/II-AC Class to the recipients of PVC, Ashok Chakra, MVC, Kirti Chakra, VrC and Shourya Chakra and the widows of posthumous winners of these Gallantry Awards alongwith a companion. (Ministry of Railways letter No. E(W)96PS 5-6/22 dated 23 Feb 96). The Govt of India has also announced that the scheme is applicable for travel in Rajdhani and Shatabdi/Jan Shatabdi Express trains only for recipients of PVC,MVC and VrC.|
|12.||75 percent concession in rail fare for travel in II Class is available to war widows including those of IPKF and Kargil casualties. This concession can be availed on production of the I-Card issued by the KSB.|
|13.||Air Travel Concession.|
|Following categories of personnel are eligible to 50 percent concession in fare for air travel in domestic flights of the Indian Airlines:-|
|14.||Canteen Facilities. In accordance with Army Order AO 32/84, Ex-Servicemen and their families and ex-Defence personnel with minimum 5 years of service are entitled to CSD (I) Canteen facilities available in units/establishments. Cadets/Recruits boarded out on medical grounds are also entitled to avail CSD facilities.|
|Priority Telephone Facilities|
|15.||The following categories of subscribers are exempted from payment of Registration Charges and installation charges for priority telephones connection under Non-OYT/Special Category and are entitled to 50 percent concession in normal rental charges. However, Gallantry Award winners are entitled to full concession in normal rental charges. (Authority : Ministry of Communications (Department of Telecom Services) letter No. 2-47/92-PHA dated 19 Mar 93, circular NO 7/2000 dated 13 Jun 2000 and 2.47/92 PHA dt 18 Sep 2000):|
Latest page update: made by IESL
, Sep 26 2007, 6:53 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by IESL
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.